Thursday, March 6, 2008

Judges Comments

It's funny how we all really do agree with each other on likes and dislikes of performances. This post is just a side note on judges commentary. Trent and I usually watch the performances after kids have gone to sleep. We love watching it this way best. Mainly because of Paula Abdul. If any of you are like me I feel like her comments are a flowery mess. She doesn't make sense most of the time and we tend to cringe through the whole thing. We then are very thankful for the fast forward button. We listen to Randy's comments, then fast forward, then we listen to Simon's comments. They usually make the most sense. If you watch the performers as they wait for the judges comments you can see that they really do want to hear what Simon has to say. It's like his criticism means the most to them individually. Tell me what you all think!!

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Yes, Paula struggles! She is so bad this year. I just roll my eyes every time she talks. I don't think she's helpful at all.

I really do think Simon is always spot-on with what he says. It's true that he's not always kind about how he says things, but he's usually right.

Michelle said...

I concur!! When Paula starts talking I just want to scream, "out with it woman!" She tends to drag it out. Drives me crazy.

Christie said...

I would have to agree with most of that. I can't stand Paula, she drives me crazy. I really like Randy most of the time, and sometimes I agree with Simon, others I think he's a little off but that's me and I'm personally not a person that is like the smartest at all of this stuff, I just know what I like to listen to...

dust and kam said...

I really like listening to Simon's opinion - good or bad. But I WISH I could fast forward through Paula. It's just not her year - at all. And Randy - well . . . depends on my mood, I guess. ha ha!

The Barclay Family said...

Randy thinks he is so cool. It drives me nuts how he is always bragging about who he has worked with etc. I too am very annoyed with Paula, and LOVE Simon

Sheri said...

I really like Simon because pretty much, he calls it the way it is. My roommates think it's a little bit freaky when I say something and then he says the exact same thing right after. What can I say?

dust and kam said...

Nice Sheri! I always knew you were smart! :)

Jenny said...

Sheri, that makes me laugh because it happens to me too! Great minds think alike!