Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Dear...

Syesha,
You are beautiful. You are skinny. I think you have a nice voice and an ability to give an entertaining performance. Please step it up and rise to that ability.

Chikezie,
Hello! Thank you for sharing your personality with us tonight. I was very entertained. I am so sorry you had to be present while Ryan jumped around the stage attempting to be a "brother". How awkward!

Ramiele,
You normally have a big voice that escapes from your tiny body. Tonight your voice matched your body...TINY. I had to stick a fork in my eye during your performance to keep myself from falling asleep.

Jason,
I like your voice. I think it is nice. It is, however, difficult for me to watch you sing. You remind me of Sanka Coffie from Cool Runnings. I guess I just can't get past the dreadlocks. Sorry!

Carly,
I like your Irish accent. I like your singing too. I think you will give several contestants a run for it. I did not enjoy your outfit. Nope, not at all.

David C.,
I am thrilled to see you finally opening up and feeling comfortable. I agree you are a "dark horse"...or donkey...or whatever. I like your voice, your singing style and your hair.

Brooke,
Thank you for being real. For playing the piano barefoot. For bringing a presence and maturity to the stage. Oh, and for having an awesome voice too.

David H.,
Um...the New Kids on the Block just called. They are doing a reunion tour and wondered if you'd be interested in joining them.

Amanda,
I think you are a very pretty girl. And while I don't necessarily enjoy your singing style, I know you have rocker fans out there. But you seem unhappy. Could you perk up just a bit? And please, don't wear black and white stripey pants anymore...they match your hair.

Michael,

I love Australian accents. My kindergarten teacher was from Australia. Did you just smile and give me a Veggiemite Sandwich? Seriously...I like you...a lot. But you are rather predictable. Don't get stuck in a rut, okay?

Kristy,
Oh, Kristy. I think you are down home pretty and genuine. I think you have a pleasant voice. I also think you committed American Idol suicide tonight.

David A.,

I think you're amazing for a 17 year old. I want to pop your head of and hang it from my rear view mirror. I'm sure tonight was hard and intimidating. You didn't do great, but I still like you. Could you do me a favor, though? PLEASE stop licking your lips! Thank you.


Sincerely~
Marianne


9 comments:

dust and kam said...

This is the best post! LOVE it and totally laughed my butt off! :)

Thanks so much for posting! :)

Christie said...

Lol I'm glad someone else noticed that Brooke didn't have shoes on! I like what you have to say!

Trent Megan and Kids said...

Marianne that is why I love you!! You are such a hoot!! Thanks for joining us here at idol.

Shell said...

Ha Ha very funny. I like your post and agree with most of it. Does anyone else thing it is strange that so many of the contestants on "American" Idol are from other countries? Not that there is anything wrong with that I just though it was interesting. Another thing did anyone notice how Carly's accent is getting stonger. (seems like she has heard that people like it) (Any way she bugs me to death and I would be so happy to see here leave tonight even though I know that wont happen)

Jenny said...

Marianne, you are great! And so funny! I laughed through your entire post. Thanks so much for sharing!!!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

I just linked over from your blog...and I'm so glad I did! I'd forgotten that you were an AI fan. How could I forget one of the original Claymates? Anyway, loved the post, you crack me up. :)

Jenny said...

You were an original Claymate? Woo hoo! Me too! When we went to the American Idol concert that year I told my husband, "If Clay walks past me, I AM going to grab his butt!" I was definitely a fan!

Marianne said...

Shauntae~
Thanks for popping in! Love you GRRL.

Jenny~
I was at that AI concert in SLC! I took my MIL and we had floor seats. Let's just say I spent a large chunk of time and money on all things Clay for a couple of years. My Claymate obession has cooled, but I would definitely love to see him in Spamalot!

Jenny said...

Amen to that! I would say that I was madly in love with him and his voice. It is definitely cooled off, but he still has mad talent. It would be awesome to see him on broadway!