As a whole, I think this week was better than the past two weeks. I think the singers felt more comfortable and familiar with these songs. Here's my recap of the night!
Ramiele: There were a few moments where I heard a strong voice, but I think it was a weak performance overall. I am sick of the judges saying, "Not your best performance, but you've got a great voice in there somewhere." How long should we wait for this "great" entertainer to shine? It's been several weeks now and I am yet to be blown away. I think it's time for her to leave. She is so out of her league.
Jason: I didn't really enjoy this performance this week. Just kind of . . . blah. He might be in a little trouble this week.
Syesha: I think she was great! I loved the song choice and she finally did her hair how I like it! She definitely did enough to keep her out of the bottom three.
Chikezie: I actually disagree with the judges on his performance. I was genuinely impressed and I thought he did a great job. Old fashion or not, I thought his vocals were awesome. And I'm glad he showed us a softer side. We don't need another Taylor Hicks who jumps around on the stage week after week and rarely shows a softer side. I thought Chikezie made a smart decision.
Brooke: Nice recovery! I guess that's the best part about playing the piano - you can start over when you need to. I thought she did good, but I (along with the judges) didn't like when the band came in. I would have preferred to hear her bring up the tempo on the piano and jam out a little more. Overall, it was much better than last week. She's still brilliant.
Michael: One of his best performances. He looked comfortable - I loved it!
Carly: One word: desperate. I didn't like this performance. She didn't look comfortable and the song didn't suite her. I felt like it was a desperate attempt to be "cool" and rock it out on stage to try and keep herself out of the bottom three. Unfortunately, I don't know how successful she will be.
David A: What was the deal with that song?! He's a great singer, there's no doubt about that, but I've never heard that song before and it was uber-cheesy. He'll be safe though, but he needs to step it up if he wants to stay the front-runner!
Kristy: Wise choice of song. How can you possibly be voted off when you sing that song?! I thought that this was her best performance so far. She sounded pretty good and I think she will be safe this week. She might be in the bottom three, but I don't think she'll be the one to go. But what do I know???
David Cook: WOW! AWESOME! INCREDIBLE! LOVED IT! WHERE AND WHEN CAN I BUY THE SINGLE?!?!?!?!?!?
Predictions:
Bottom Three: Based on this week's performances, I think it should be Ramiele, Jason, and Carly. Ramiele seems to have a huge fan base though. I think Chikezie and Kristy might find themselves in the bottom three, but I personally think they did well this week.
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
On a side note, sometimes I think Ramiele looks like Hilary Duff. Anyone else see it?
I will have to say that I agree with you about most of it Jenny. I actually thought Carly did a great job. I thought the song suited her voice very well. And yes, Kristy picked a song that people will vote for. She still shouldn't be voted for. I really liked Brooke's. I thought the band was a-okay. Chikezie was pretty good. I appreciate that he can actually sing. And I think Syesha rocked it up too.
Michael's was probably his best performance, but I'm still not going to vote for him. Ramiele - could she please sing on key? Thanks. Other than that, I didn't really take a lot of notice on the others. Sorry I didn't love David Cook as much as you Jenny. :)
Your memory about Taylor Hicks "jumping around" is not holding up. Here is a few of his power ballads - the one's behind the mike:
You Are So Beautiful
Trouble (by Ray LaMontaigne)
In The Ghetto
Something
Levon
Do I Make You Proud
This in fact shows how versatile Taylor is/was. He can sing just about anything and make an impact.
And you would be?
I liked Taylor also. He was just fun. I loved Kristy and voted for her about 40 times. I want her to stay I like her. If I could vote for someone to go I would have voted for Carly about 1000 times I really don't like her at all she just really bugs me. I liked Michael and David C (I still don't know what song he sang I was not much of a Michael fan) I thought Brook and David A did a good job. I agree with Simon I don't think David choose that song I think his mom did. Ramiele could just go away and I don't think I would notice. Chikezie is just to cheesy for me. Oh I forgot Syesha, I think I wouldn't notice if she was gone also.
I think Jason was the weakest of the night for sure.
Post a Comment