Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Twilight Zone

Do do do do....

Did anyone else feel like they had entered the twilight zone while watching last night? I seriously think (with the exception of a few performances...thank you Carly, David C. and Syesha) that I was transported to a parallel "American Idol Universe" and it was the absolute antithesis of what American Idol should have been.

The whole thing was just really bizarre to me. Performances were lackluster, contestants were making random, non-coherent comments to the judges (confusing, I know...making those kind of commments is usually Paula's job), and it just felt "off".

I'm a big fan of Beatles songs, but I think (like Brooke said) after such a phenonmenal show last week, it was tough to live up to that standard again.

Here's hoping the Top 10 exit the twilight zone and get back on their game for next week's show.

My prediciton for tonight...Kristy. She's cute, has a decent voice, but is lacking in performance ablilty. We'll see...

4 comments:

Sean said...

Thanks, Marianne for posting your comments about Idol--I miss having you nearby to chat about it regularly. :( I think Kristy will go tonight, too, she just isn't as dynamic of a performer as evryone else. I hope the next to go will be Amanda (aka by my children as Skunk Girl) because I am getting tired of her mumble/shouting performances.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Marianne,
I totally agree. It was such a weird night, and I was so disappointed by my faves (Brooke and David A.), although I'm also a big Carly fan, and she did awesome. :)
I agree with you on Kristy going next...she's cute, but BORING.

Steph's In Life said...

Kristy is as dry as the bread on my counter. She has to leave tonight. I actually thought it was funny that the highlight of the show was being in the bottom two every week. Weird huh!

Marianne said...

Dianne~ I miss you too! We've taken to referring to Amanda as "skunk rocker". :o)

Wild Mom~ We're sharing a brain...again.

Steph~ LOL!...you crack me up. And it was weird that Kristy's highlight was being in the bottom two all the time. Nice highlight!