Wednesday, March 26, 2008

An Open Letter to Paula

Dear Paula~

I respect you, I really do.

Back in the 80's you were one of my American Idols. You had a good voice and some awesome moves. One of my favorite dances ever with my dance team was to "Straight Up". I also loved the "Opposites Attract" video of you dancing with that cat.

I know time has gone by, you've gotten older, life has come at you and you're not a "spring chicken" anymore. Some might even say you're past your prime.

I know your lucid moments are few and far between. I really appreciate it when you try and save those precious moments of lucidity for Tuesday and Wednesday nights. I know you aren't always successful, but the effort isn't lost on me.

However, please...when your inner voice tells you to don a chain mail halter top and finger-less gloves...tell it to SHUT UP!

Sincerely~
Marianne

*A side note...
I think this is a great top 10! I don't know who will go tonight...
My prediction/hope...
Ramiele

5 comments:

dust and kam said...

Tonight it looked like she was going to the Prom! :)

Love the letter! Made me laugh!

Trent Megan and Kids said...

AMEN she is a crazy lady!! Don't know what she was thinking.

Sean said...

Well said, Marianne! However, Paula may not ever be lucid enough to know what the word lucid even means. There was a time (maybe during Season 1) when my children thought I was a cool mom for taking dance classes from Paula, but not so much anymore. I even still have her autograph and could maybe sell it on ebay were it not personalized :(

Michelle said...

Haaaahahahaha! Amen sista! I'm sad I missed what she was wearing for the results show. Oh well, there's always next week. :)

Jenny said...

She needs to be locked up!