Tell me why American Idol would decide to do The Beatles again when last week was bad? Arg, I should have known I was in for a long night. I am always excited for the nights when American Idol is on, but last night's two hours really seemed to drag. Maybe it was all of the time-stretching and in-show commercials that made it seem long.
Although I did enjoy more of the performances last night than the week before, I was still disappointed in the night. Let's get to some themes that the contestants can really shine on! I can't wait to hear what next week's theme will be.
Here's my low-down for the night:
Amanda - It wasn't as screechy as her previous performances, but I still didn't enjoy it. And what's with the sudden attitude with the judges? I don't like her. I can't wait to see her go.
Kristy - I actually thought it was a much better song selection for her. I thought she sounded better than what the judges gave her credit for. I enjoyed it, but she's still not as strong as many of the others. She doesn't know how to connect with the song, and really isn't a great performer.
David A. - Yeah, baby! He's back! I thought the performance was great. I agree with Megan though...he does blink a lot. He's still a brilliant singer though. A "master-class" as Simon says. I was sweating bullets though as he was performing because I was worried that he'd forget his words again. I'm so glad he didn't.
Brooke - Honestly, the yellow dress and the yellow backdrop was a little much considering she was singing about the sun. I could tell that she felt totally awkward up there. She sounded okay, she just looked uncomfortable. Poor girl!
Jason - I thought he did good, but he was a little cheesy. He is so awkward in his interviews though that it's almost hilarious. I like him.
Carly - Wonderful. I love this song and I thought she did a fantastic job with it. She's an amazing vocalist and I hate the fact that I am liking her more every week. She can sing! I don't really like how they compare her to Kelly Clarkson. They are totally different. Oh well, c'est la vie.
Michael - I thought he sounded good. I hated the song arrangement though and I agree with Simon in that it was much too long of a song to condense into that short amount of time. We lost so much of the song. I thought the tribute was beautiful though. How embarassing that he wasn't wearing an ear microphone when they were talking about it. Oops!
David C. - I didn't enjoy it as much as last week, but it was still really good. He's definitely a strong contender.
Syesha - Much better song choice and performance. I just wish she'd leave her hair how it is! I've hated it the last two weeks. It looked all snarly and nappy this week. C'mon girl, keep it real!
Chikezie - I loved the beginning of the song - I thought he sounded amazing. I think the judges were wrong to tell him to avoid singing slow songs - I think that's where his money-maker voice is! The harmonica seriously had to go. Just because they are allowing instruments this year doesn't mean you have to play one. And even more so, it doesn't mean you have to go learn how to play one~
Ramiele - Um...can't think of much to say here. I didn't like it, I thought she sounded off, and she looked awkward. There. That about sums it up.
MY PREDICTIONS
Bottom Three: Ramiele, Kristy, and Michael.
Going Home: Ramiele. She has just lost that spark and has been vocally "off" for a few weeks. I think she will be leaving us.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Jenny I'm confused about the ear microphone that Michael was supposed to be wearing. I must have missed something there. Will you fill me in?
I agree about Amanda's attitude. The judges were totally right. She needs to show she can sing. However, she can't. So I can understand the awkwardness of that situation. But she's all talking about how she wants people to think she looks fun and so they'll come to her concerts. Sorry Amanda, not a chance.
And I also agree that I kind of hate that I'm liking Carly more and more. I've always admitted that she can sing well. But last night, I thought she was totally fantastic. We'll see what happens tonight!
Post a Comment