I agree that Ryan and the judges are crazy. Ryan was definitely on something tonight! When he was dancing around on stage with Chikezie, I had to raise an eyebrow. Weird! Simon seems so moody this year. Doesn't he? Their usual playful banter hasn't been so playful or friendly this year. Just my opinion.
THOUGHTS:
Syesha - Hated the hair - seriously hated it! Flashback to the 80s is all I was thinking. Her performance was just okay for me. Nothing amazing. Too bad!
Chikezie - I thought this was his best performance so far. I think he's safe for at least a couple more weeks. He sure saved his behind!
Ramiele - Snore! Seriously, she ruined this song. This is a beautiful song, but she doesn't have enough life experience to really get in touch with this song and put the correct emotion behind it. It was so boring. I wanted to slam my head into the wall.
Jason - I enjoyed this performance. It wasn't quite as good as last week, but I genuinely liked it. He does pull weird faces sometimes so I closed my eyes and just listened to him sing. He has such a unique voice. I am liking him more every week.
Carly - I've always thought she had a good voice, but I never really liked her. I must admit that I did like her tonight though. Her vocals were good, she looked good, and she seemed confident. I can't say that she's my favorite, but I do think she did well tonight.
David C - Awesome! It was great. I've enjoyed every one of his performances.
Brooke - MY FAVORITE OF THE NIGHT! Not much more to say than that!
David H - Puh-leeze! I agree with Simon in that I think he was trying too hard. I didn't like it at all and so I was glad to hear that the judges agreed with me.
Amanda - Yelling, screeching, mumbling, mess. I hardly understood two words she said. I genuinely hated it.
Michael - I really like him and I thought he did well tonight. I think he has great vocals.
Kristy - Seriously? I really don't mind her, but that arrangement was ridiculous. The band was so sped up and it seemed like she was having a hard time keeping up. I think it might have been ok had it been a little slower. She should have picked a slower song and just sung it purely, with a country voice - not tried to change it up so much. I think she's in trouble this week.
David A - I really was disappointed. First, I was disappointed that he was the last one to perform. Then I was MAJORLY disappointed when he performed. I agree with Simon in that I thought it was a mess. :0( It really did make me sad. I wanted him to really shine! I was also disappointed that he wasn't really familiar with many of The Beatles songs. I still think he has an amazing voice, but this week was not good for him. I sure hope next week blows us away!
Bottom Three - Kristy Lee Cook, David Hernandez, Ramiele Malubay
-I was also disappointed that some of the contestants didn't pick better Beatles songs...anyone agree? I would have loved someone to sing "Hey Jude" and bring down the house!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I agree with you on the choice of Beatles songs. There are SO many great ones - although I have to say they did chose some favorites!! But you can't have a Beatles night without "Hey Jude" and "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds"
I must admit, I didn't like a whole lot of them tonight. But then again, I am a huge beatles fan, so I am in love with most of the originals. My favorites of the evening were definitely Brooke and Chikezie. I'm going to vote for David A. anyway, because i know what he can do!
I don't know many Beatles songs either. If someone asked me to name 3 I bet I couldn't. I like when they sing songs I know because then I have something to go off so it wasn't the best night for me.
Jenny~
Thanks for doing this blog! It's a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's opinions as the weeks roll along.
Post a Comment