Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Jenny's Thoughts on Top 16 Week

I wasn't overly impressed with this week's performances, but I think the girls did better than the boys. Maybe it was the 80s theme that made it hard for the contestants. Either way, here are my thoughts:

Guys: I really enjoyed the performances by David Archuleta, David Cook, and Michael Johns...but then again I usually do! I thought Michael Johns did awesome and I think he's a great performer. I think I liked David Archuleta's performance more than the judges did. I thought he did a great job and it was nice to see him play the piano. I also enjoyed Jason Castro's performance. It was nice to see that side of him and I think he did a great job with a great song (can anyone remember what movie that song was on? "hallelujah....").

Girls: My favorites this week were Syesha and Brooke. I thought Brooke did a great job and I really don't even like that song, so that's good that she impressed me with it. I actually thought we were able to hear more of her vocal talent tonight than on other performances. I thought Ramiele did a great job with her song. Her voice sounded very mature. I really thought Kristy Lee Cook did a good job. No, her vocals weren't perfect, but I did enjoy her performance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Bottom Three Guys: This one is a little bit hard to call. I think for sure that Luke Menard will go home. I think Danny Noriega should go home, but I don't think he will. He's the "Sanjaya" of this year, unfortunately. I think it could be David Hernandez could go - mostly because of the new information that has recently come out about him. Which is unfortunate because he's a good singer. I like Chikezie and I don't think he should be in the bottom, but I wouldn't be surprised if America votes that way. Jason Castro might slip through, too. It's really hard to call!

Bottom Three Girls: As was the case the last three weeks, I think Kady Malloy should and will be going home this week. I would be happy if Amanda Overmyer went home, too, but I'm worried she might stay (for the same reason Danny might stay). I wouldn't be surprised to see Asia-h in the bottom three. I like her, but I can see her falling by the wayside.

What did everyone else think of the show? What are your predictions?

Sheri (or anyone who wants to for that matter), when you get the chance, could you post the links to the YouTube performances from this week for those people who don't get the channel? Thanks!

8 comments:

Sheri said...

I will work on getting the links up. :) I also felt that the girls did better than the guys. Favorites: Brooke and Syesha, hands down. I like them a lot, and they're good singers.

What do I think will happen on the results show? I don't think Amanda will be sent home. She's kind of the token rocker. So she'll be around. I'm betting that Kady and Kristy Lee Cook are the two that go home this week. Neither are terrible, but they can't stand up to the top singers, and they're not different enough to grab any attention and stand out as something special.
I already put my input on the guys. I say that Luke is going, and then probably David Hernandez or Chikeze. I really want Chikeze to stay. I think he's really good. But, he doesn't stand out a whole lot either. As much as I want Danny to go, I have a feeling that's not going to happen.

Christie said...

the song was on Shrek

Michelle said...

Danny and Amanda are the picks on Vote for the worst. I am sure they will both be around for a while. Danny gives me the creeps, but he will probably be around for a rediculously long time. So, until he goes, I will just have to continue to change the chanel while he sings. :)

Sheri said...

And, P.S., what was up with the judges last night? Holy cow. And, interesting, did anyone notice that there really was something wrong with Amanda last night? Simon made a comment about her needing to smile. And she tried. But her eyes totally said not okay. Do you think maybe she found out she was on vote for the worst? :)

Trent Megan and Kids said...

Love Brooke and David the most. I could see myself buying their albums. As for Amanda I think that she is the type who feels like she has to come across as tough. I would love to see that soft side but I'm not a fan of her music.

Jenny said...

Thanks, Christie! It was driving me nuts because I couldn't remember what movie that song was on!

Christie said...

the only reason I knew that, is because my mom bought me that album and I really loved that song...

dust and kam said...

Yeah - I am not a fan of Amanda.

I agree with your predictions, Jenny. :)

I don't have a lot to say - yet. Ha ha. I am still trying to figure everyone out. But of course, I am still loving Brook, David, and Syesha. I just looked up Michael Johns and it seems like he had a great performance as well.. (of course, I still miss it. Dang Young Womens! ;) )

I feel like I am just copying everyone opinions, but ya'll just have such great taste!