I was pretty darn happy that it was real music week. :) hee hee. What can I say. I love Broadway. Anyway, I was pretty impressed with all the contestants in the fact that they didn't have nervous breakdowns singing in front of Andrew Lloyd Webber. I don't think I would have been able to breathe. I agree in thinking that it will probably be either Brooke or Jason to go. I do like Brooke a lot, but she's not quite where the others are. I thought Syesha and David A. were the best performances of the night. And I agree with the judges. Syesha may not win this contest, but she's gotten some great exposure and I seriously wouldn't be surprised to see her on Broadway in the not too distant future. (And let's be honest, in my opinion, that's so much cooler than being a pop star :) I was a little concerned about David Cook because I worried that he would try to turn Phantom into a rock song. Thankfully he didn't. He couldn't hit the low notes, which made it start out not that great. But he did extremely well on the high. And then ended it weird. What was with that last note? Seriously. So it was pretty good. And I loved that Sir Andrew :) told Carly not to do that song. And although I reallyd don't like that song, she did rock out on it. So who knows what's going to happen! Here's the performances though.
David Archuleta
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71rkO0tbMYg
Syesha Mercado
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4i0OqT3Ev8
David Cook
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XTXOpVOWrA
Carly Smithson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzhsMrZkgjY&feature=related
Brooke White
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1GhIH8MnZA
Jason Castro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKMTrv0ixQ4&feature=related
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sheri~
I love that you put these up every week. Thanks!
Yeah, I would have been scared to death to sing in front of Andrew Lloyd Webber himself. No way! But then again...I can't sing so maybe that's why it would terrify me. I'm a huge fan of broadway though and I'm so glad that did it on the show!
Post a Comment