Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Opinions?

I'm sort of at a loss to explain why Syesha keeps ending up in the bottom three. I am interested in hearing all of your opinions. I don't get it. She's beautiful, she's a phenomenal singer, she has a great personality. So why the lack of a strong fan base? Even Ramiele, who has been lacking week after week has managed to stay out of the bottom three.
.
So what is it about Syesha? I thought she started as one of the front-runners, but her popularity has seemed to die out. I think she's great. She had a few bad song choices, but she still sang them well. I just find it weird, that's all. Maybe she has a little of the "Chris Daughtry" syndrome where everyone just assumes that she will be safe because she is talented. It just doesn't make sense though. Please explain the to me!

6 comments:

dust and kam said...

You know, I don't really know what it is either, but I am not a huge fan of her. I can not explain why, I just find myself rooting for other contestants and forgetting about her. I do think she is amazing, but she is forgettable to me - but I can't explain why.

Jenny said...

I totally see that. I think she's great, but I've honestly never picked up the phone to vote for her. I just think it's weird.

Michelle said...

I think it all comes down to originality. She is an amazing singer, but she's not doing anything different or memorable. She's not one that I'd go out and buy her CD.

Sheri said...

And I'm totally different that way. I would go out and buy her CD. I'm pretty picky about whose CD's I will buy. But I don't look for trendy or "pop" singers. I will only buy actual good singers. But I think it is true that she doesn't seem to stand out a whole lot. So I think people think she's a good singer, but she doesn't really stick out.

Marianne said...

I like her too, but agree that she tends to be forgettable. I'll go back to what I said in my first post...she has the ability to give an entertaining performance but I don't think she's consistent about doing it.

Shell said...

I think she is just ok and doen't really stand out. I think her type of singing might not be as popular to the viewers. Like Kristy (who I like) is more country and I think there is a big country fan base that watches the show so she stays in.