Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Jenny's Thought on Top 6

I thought tonight's show was good. At this point I really don't want to see any of the contestants go. I think they are all very talented. Unfortunately, someone has to go home every week.

Syesha "One Rock and Roll Too Many" - It was nice to see her actually get into a song and feel completely at ease with it. I thought she did a good job with it.

Jason "Memory" - I figured that someone would be singing this song tonight, but I never would have guessed that it would have been a guy - and I especially never would have thought it would be Jason who sang it. I don't think his vocals were spot on, but I still liked his version of it. I think he did better than the judges gave him credit for.

Brooke "You Must Love Me" - I am really disappointed that she didn't sing the song that I wanted her to sing because I think she could have done a great job with it. I was disappointed with her little mess-up of the words, but I guess she's gutsy enough to start over. It's not quite as smooth though when she's not at the piano...it's much more obvious. I feel like she's really struggled with her sound the past few weeks. I think she's had a hard time doing her type of music with the themes she's been given. I really think this week hurt her and I think she might be the one to go this week. I'm a fan so I'd like to see her stay and redeem herself!

David Archuleta "Think of Me" - Once again I was a little surprised by the song choice, but I think he did a great job. I liked it a lot and I especially liked his arrangement of it. Great job, David!

Carly "Jesus Christ Superstar" - I think Andrew Lloyd Webber was right to have her switch songs. She did a great job with this song. I agree with the judges that it was a little screechy in the middle, but I think this was a really strong night for her.

David Cook "Music of the Night" - Yay, he took my advice! I was so hoping that he would put "his" spin on this song though. I think it could have been very eerie sounding and powerful if he had made his own arrangement of it. However, I still think he did a good job. I just would have liked to see more of him in it.

Bottom Three: Syesha, Brooke, Jason. I really think Brooke might be in trouble this week. I think she kind of shot herself in the foot. Hopefully America can be forgiving and give her another chance, but I don't know.

3 comments:

Shell said...

I usually hate Carly but I think she was my favorite for the night. I liked both Davids, I think Cook showed how well he can really sing. I also think Brooke might go home this week. I like her but I don't think she is as strong as the others. Or maybe Syesha. I agree with your bottom 3.

Christie said...

This week was GREAT! I would definitely have to say that Brooke should be packing her bags though... As much as I love her and have been rooting for her, I think it's her time which is sad because it's this early in the game. I thought that David A. was amazing. He was my favorite of the night because I felt he switched it up more than the others. I thought Syesha was AMAZING! I think that Jason and Brooke will definitely be in the bottom three but I honestly don't think I could chose another person. I thought Carly's was fun, but I thought there were better vocals.

Janell R. Cropper said...

I think Brooke and Jason are definitely in the botton three. I'm not sure who the other one will be either. IT could be a toss up.