Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Dear...

Jasmine~
You are a beautiful, beautiful girl. You are talented and capable, but tonight you came off scared and lackluster. I agree that trying again with a few more years under your singing belt might be a good idea.

Matt~

I like you better with your piano. Tonight's performance just fell flat for me. You lacked stage presence. I also think you should have picked a Billy Joel song.

Jeanine~

My goodness! Where were your pants tonight? This is not the first time this season I have been distracted by a contestant's wardrobe. I honestly cannot recall what you sang or how it sounded. If it was good, then good for you. If it wasn't, then I guess it's back to bar tending for you.

Nick/Norman-Mitchell/Gentle~

It's kinda sick and twisted...but I like you. You make me laugh. You are memorable. You are funny. You are original. And you can even sing...kind of. I'm not exactly pulling for you to make it through, and I'm sure there are people out there who are livid that you got through to the Top 36, but you are very entertaining and hilarious.

Allison~

Way to rock it! I CANNOT believe you are sixteen years old. You look and sound much older. I like you...a lot!

Kris~

I enjoyed your performance. I think it was brave of you to take on a MJ song. But you sang it well. You have a nice look, confidence and personality. And your nose isn't falling off!

Megan~

It's definitely fun to have a local girl to root for. I think you are very pretty, sing well and exude confidence. However, I am not a fan of your awkward "dancing".

Matt~

You seem like such a nice guy. And the family man thing does appeal to me. I was a bit confused by the slow-ish version of the song and the agonizingly slow dance moves that didn't exactly go with it.

Jesse~

Solid, good, safe performance. I like your sound, your look and your voice. I also like that you are self-assured and can have a coherent conversation with the judges as they critique you.

Kai~

You are talented but you don't stand out. I was rooting for you a bit because of your heart wrenching story, but I think you needed to knock it out of the part tonight in order to get through. You didn't.

Mishavonna~

Take two. You got a second chance. I'm inclined to say you blew it. You can definitely sing, but your song choice was abysmal. It took you 3/4 of the song to even get it going and then it was over.

Adam~

You have some serious pipes, dude. I like your look and your versatility. Your experience shows. It doesn't hurt that you're in Wicked, which is possibly my favorite musical ever.

5 comments:

Sheri said...

Well, tonight was pretty sad. The first 4 I thought were pretty attrocious. And yes, I don't like Nick/Norman. I think he's a waste of space for someone that should have been there. (Like Jamar) Granted, he did sing better than the 3 before him. But that's not saying much. I think if he actually took it somewhat seriously, he could probably do a good job. It makes me sad that this show really has become more about drama than people actually singing.
My favorites of the evening -
Allison, great song choice and did a great job.
Kris - who knew about you? But I liked it!
And actually Mishavonna. I thought she did quite well.
Not as much favorites -
Adam, yes, he's a good singer, but I don't like him. Just strikes me the wrong way I guess. Maybe it's the girl haircut?
Megan did okay. I had a hard time with her singing that song because of the way that accent came out. And that song is NOT one for an accent. I cringed every time she said "down".
Matt, Jesse, and Kai- did okay but I don't want them to go on.

Shell said...

The only performance I remember today (Thurs) is Norman. He cracks me up and is actually the only one of the group that I would actually pay to go watch. He is entertaining. Maybe he would be a better fit for America's got talent or something but he was the only contestant that entertained me. The rest I have forgotten and I really don't care who makes it through out of this group because I don't really remember any of them.

Trent Megan and Kids said...

Man what a night. I had a hard time because there were a few that i want to go on...mostly because I like them. I like Norman/Nick, he makes me chuckle but I do wish that he would take the competition a little more seriously. I really like Matt and think that he is out of his comfort zone so that shows in his performance. I hope he is the third. Love Allison, her music is the stuff that i could listen too. I'm not as thrilled with Adam as everyone else. I think that he sings over the top. Maybe that is the musical theater coming through. Also he is way to much of a pretty boy, my dad would be bugged by the eye liner :) but good luck to you. I like Mishavonna and hope that she has another chance. I think that the Utah girl did good and her hair and makeup looked great!! Guess we will see. Any picks on the wildcard show?

Trent Megan and Kids said...

Man what a night. I had a hard time because there were a few that i want to go on...mostly because I like them. I like Norman/Nick, he makes me chuckle but I do wish that he would take the competition a little more seriously. I really like Matt and think that he is out of his comfort zone so that shows in his performance. I hope he is the third. Love Allison, her music is the stuff that i could listen too. I'm not as thrilled with Adam as everyone else. I think that he sings over the top. Maybe that is the musical theater coming through. Also he is way to much of a pretty boy, my dad would be bugged by the eye liner :) but good luck to you. I like Mishavonna and hope that she has another chance. I think that the Utah girl did good and her hair and makeup looked great!! Guess we will see. Any picks on the wildcard show?

Jenny said...

I know Sheri's mad at me for this, but I LOVED Norman! Ha ha, I've never laughed so hard before. He is a great entertainer!

I think for sure that Megan will be back for the Wild Card show along with Anoop. And I think both of them will eventually be in the Top 12