Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Dear...

Von~
Why do you remind me of Leonardo DiCaprio? I wonder if he can sing. Anyway. I think you did a nice job. I do not think you look or sound like Clay Aiken but I do think your outfit was better than most of his.

Taylor~
I always like to root for a local, but it seemed to me like by the time you warmed up and conquered your nerves, the song was over. I thought you sounded good for the last 1/4 of the song, but I don't think it was enought to get you through.

Alex~
You are full of personality and you make me laugh, but your singing leaves something to be desired. If this were American Karaoke, I'm certain you would win.

Arianna~
Song choice, song choice, song choice. I think the song you sang tonight sealed your fate. I really wish you would have chosen something young and fun.

Ju'not~
I like the song Hey there, Delilah, but I wasn't the biggest fan of the arrangement you sang. However, you sang it really well. You have nice tone and control. You seem like a nice guy and you have really white teeth.

Kristen~
You can definitely sing. Your personality comes across as awkward and kind of fake and for some reason that detracts from your voice. I'm not sure if America will give you one reason to stay here.

Nathaniel~
My mother in law makes amazing meatloaf. You don't.

Felicia~
Touchdown! I loved it. You are unique, confident and aware of yourself as an artist. It doesn't hurt that you are gorgeous either!

Scott~
You are a very inspirational person. You are real. You can sing, you sing from the heart and it's a tangible feeling. If you don't get through, then I'll be a monkey's uncle...err...aunt.

Kendall~
The first three words I thought of while you performed were...Cute...Country...and Canary. You're cute, the country angle definitely works for you, and you have a decent voice. I thought that curtain and feathery belt you wore made you look like a a canary.

Jorge~
Puerto Rico...my heart's devotion...
You are charming, talented and likeable. You sing effortlessly and with passion. And while I appreciate your diligent attention to the judges advice about your accent, I would love to hear you sing with it.

Lil~
I wonder how many more jokes the judges will make about your name this season. What an amazing talent. You have confidence, prescence and appeal. I also love your consistency. I think your performance was the best one of the night.

3 comments:

Trent Megan and Kids said...

Don't you think that von looks like Donny Osmond's son? Just a thought. Loved a lot of the performances tonight and it will be hard to pick only three. My favorite was Nathaniel...not! Does he have a stylist? His clothes were too small and his face can't carry off a headband. Love that song and he did okay but I was distracted by him. Love Kristen and Lil. For guys I would have to say Scott would be my pick!

Sheri said...

Last night was interesting. I'm still trying to figure it out. I don't think they had any major bad ones like some of the other nights. So maybe not as many stand out ones either. Okay, okay. I really liked Lil' and Felicia. Thought they did awesome. PS - who did Felicia replace? Anyway, I also really liked Ju'Not. Taylor - I know she can sing well, even if last night was a bit fraught by nerves. So I sent a couple votes for her anyway. Others were good - except Nathaniel. He needs to go away. So overall - decent night. My top 3 - Lil', Felicia, and Ju'not.

Sheri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.