Don't get me wrong, I think we've seen some good talent so far. But have we seen great talent? I'm not so convinced. There have been a few that could really blow me away in Hollywood week so I will keep my fingers crossed that they really shine.
However, doesn't it seem like the judges are letting a LOT more people through to Hollywood this year? The judges only used to give five to ten tickets per city, but this year it seems like they've done about 20 per city. Has the talent really improved that much or do the judges have a different agenda? Whatever the case, let's hope they wise-up during Hollywood week and send the so-so talent packing early (Hello, Sanjaya flashback!).
Maybe it's just me. But that's my opinion.
As far as tonight's show is concerned, I really liked the last two guys that they gave tickets to (the one guy with the David Cook hairstyle and then the black guy who takes care of his mom). They have some good potential.
I was a little lost for words though when they sent the first girl through (the one from Puerto Rico). She didn't have a horrid voice but she was just plain weird. Was it just me? I mean, come on, who laughs like that? And her little album about herself that she gave the judges - weird. Please don't make me listen to her laugh clear into the top 24!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I agree 100% with everything you said!! My favorite part about the weird chick from Puerto Rico...every time she laughed she had to do the hair flip and pose. Maybe she thought her mediocre looks + the mediocre singing would get her through...and it sadly did. It might have been payback from Paula & Kara for the bikini chick last week.
Post a Comment