As the show started by playing the song, "What a Wonderful World" and showing clips of previous seasons' singers & winners, I felt tears swell up in my eyes. I'm a dork. I know. I don't know if they were tears of excitement that this season was finally starting or if they were tears of emotion as I thought of previous winners and feel-good moments. Either way, it was a little dorky. But there you have it. What can I say? I LOVE this show.
So here's my recap!
New Judge: Kara, who? Ok, so apparently she's worked with some big people and written some big songs. So? Still the same . . . who is she? Honestly, I didn't mind her though. Maybe it will be nice to have another female (hopefully one that doesn't drink before the show) as part of the panel. Time will only tell.
Big-Haired Vietnamese Guy: I think maybe he's confused about which ethnicity he really is. I think he's the first Asian guy I've seen with an afro. Ever. He had a cute personality, but I'm definitely glad he didn't make it any further.
Rocker Girl: Ok, she was authentic! I thought her voice was really good and it could be awesome to have a rocker girl on the show. I wasn't crazy about the huge holes in her ears, but she could sing. That's for sure. Now hopefully her band will forgive her for making it through.
Wanna-be Rocker Guy: Does anyone have an extra box of kleenex? Poor guy. He's what we like to call emotionally delicate. You have to wonder if he really thought he was good enough. :0)
Local Islander Boy: Gotta give a shout out to my T-Ville hometown homeboy - HOLLA! I thought he was good! Hopefully he is strong enough to stay in through Hollywood week.
Bikini Skank: Gag. Gag me with a spoon! Better yet, gag me with a pitch fork! Let's send her packing ASAP. She is NOT what this show should be about. And she definitely wasn't good enough vocally. And she made really weird faces while she was singing. She disgusts me.
Alien-looking Guy: Ok, so he just looked like a little alien to me. He was the short little guy with the dark hair. He had bangs that swept across his forehead and sounded like an alien when he sang. Sorry, I don't know how to describe him so you'll know who I'm talking about. He was pretty much the worst one of the night though.
Girl w/Pink Cowboy Hat who worshipped the new judge: Kinda creepy. She was way over-the-top with her cheesy-ness (not sure how to spell that or if it's even a word). She definitely sang through her nose. Ew. She wasn't completely hopeless, but definitely not good enough for the show.
Blonde Girl (who sang "Sitting on the Dock of the Bay" and didn't have any family with her): Her voice was really good. Definitely had a different kind of rough quality to it. I liked it. Not sure if I loved her, but she had a great voice. Might suffer from the Carly syndrome (aka - great voice but not a ton of like-ability). I could be wrong. I hope so.
Guy with the really, really, really, REALLY deep voice: No way! I can't believe that's his real talking voice! He really should go do voice-overs. Like James Earl Jones type stuff. Wait, maybe his voice was too scary for anything like that!
Blind Guy: What an inspiration! I closed my eyes while he sang and he has a great voice. I really loved it. It will be interesting to hear him behind a piano!
Last, but never the least bit disappointing . . .
Paula: Honestly, girl. WHAT was with the glasses??? She is so strange.
-----------------------------------
How did everyone else like the show???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
I loved your recap.
The one I liked the very most ... i can not remember her name or where she was from or anything. But she was really good! :) I am thinking top 24 material. For sure. If not top 10.
the bikini girl.... seriously? Randy and Simon make me sick.
Oh... and I liked Paula's glasses! :)
Oh, I know which girl you are talking about! She had long, dark hair and a great, big smile. I almost forgot about her. Yeah, she was good. I think she'll be up there in the rankings!
About Paula's glasses, they might have been cool if they were sunglasses. She looked so weird in them. Certain people can pull them off and she isn't one of them. Sorry! And I swear she had on like 6 different pair of glasses in this episode!
And yes, Randy and Simon make me sick. Bleh!
True... when you said something about Paula's glasses... I was thinking... hmm.. I wonder which ones she didn't like. lol.
I think you are thinking of the same girl. I thought she was really good. Then again I might hear her in Hollywood and wonder what I was thinking. :)
OK, I'm new here (Thanks Janell!) and SO SO SO excited to have you people to talk to about idol. THANKS for letting me in!!!
I thought the rocker girl was pretty good, but I was soooo distracted by her ears. What happens when she wants to take those things out? Her ear lobes will look terrible. Yikes!
What did you all think about the Utah boy. I can't remember his name. I thought he was pretty good.
I completely missed the bikini girls audition. My husband said she wasn't horrible, but didn't think Simon would put her through. Then he and Randy DID put her through. I wonder how many people will wear bikini's next season.
BTW, since none of you really know me, you can definitely come view my blog if you'd like. I just need your email address and I'll add you to my list!
~Robin
The trend continues... the early audition shows are always extremes on the spectrum...either really good or painfully bad. :o)
I think we saw a good sprinkling of potential finalists among those golden ticket recipents.
And the painfully bad contestants were painfully bad!
Now for my mini rant...
Please bear with me and understand that I do love the show! In the past, Kurt and I have always recorded it and watched it later because it interferes with baths, reading and bedtime. Our kids don't really watch it much other than when it gets down to the last handful of finalists.
That said, my girls (10 and 7) expressed a desire to watch this season. So...
I set it up to record on our DVR and told my girls they could watch it this afternoon after chores and homework. However, after watching it while they were in bed last night I've changed my mind!
I was shocked by some of the family "un-friendly" moments.
I'm certain that I don't want them listening to "bikini girl" spout off about making out with Ryan when she gets a golden ticket.
I'm even more certain that they don't need to meet Mr. "Sexual Chocolate".
Who would have thought I'd have to preview American Idol?
It's possible that I was a bit sensitive to it because I was thinking of my girls seeing it, but really? It that necessary?
Thank goodness things usually tame down a bit once Hollywood week is over.
Okay. Rant over. Thanks for listening!
So I did not even know it was going to be on tonight so I missed about 2/3ds of the show. Hopefully next week I will be able to contribute. I did see the makeout with Ryan....YUCK I changed the channel really quick!!
Hi everyone...I'm Steph and a huge fan of American Idol and Let's Talk Idol blogspot. So you will all here bits and pieces of my thoughts on this show throughout the season. It was alright. I have to agree with Marianne though it wasn't appropiate some of the people and what/how they came to auditions. The new girl I love her but what the heck...who is she! So what if she writes with Celine Dion...I thought that her songs were originals. Whatever!
Steph - let me know if you'd like me to invite you to be a contributor on this blog. We'd love to have you. I'd just need your email address. You can send it to cedarrowleys(at)hotmail(dot)com if you want.
It not, just feel free to keep leaving comments!
Found you through my SIL, Michelle!
Can I just say that I was actually jerking with some of the noises that were coming out of these people's mouths! I kept begging my husband to fast forward, but he was enjoying how tortured I was.
I think the bikini girl is hated by every female in America...with a brain! She wasn't very good either.
I also felt they were putting people through that they would have cut in the years prior, but I might be too critical.
"I also felt they were putting people through that they would have cut in the years prior, but I might be too critical."
I thought this too!! And I thought that Simon was being unusually nice. Maybe he's getting bored with it? He did say that he hates the auditions part of the process.
~Robin
Hi everyone I am excited that this has started again. I hate this part thought I just want to see the good ones. It was funny the first season to see the screw ups now it is just old.
I think they put some people through just to have more screw ups in Hollywood. I wish they weren't so worried about ratings.
I think there are a lot of good singers so far so I am optimistic of a good year.
Post a Comment